Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Critique 3






This painting is called On my mind. The artist is Toni Taylor. Im not sure what she uses in her paintings but im guessing its paint. In this painting there is two people, a boy and a girl both holding roses. They apear to be in the clouds. The women is smaller and is resting on a cloud in the mans hair. The are both looking up at the sky. I think maybe the man is dreaming about her doing the same thing as he is. I liked this painting a lot because it shows two people missing eachother and thinking about the person they love. The aritist did a very good job showing that and the painting is very well done.
The content of this picture is to show how people miss eachother and think about a happy place to e together. The alegory in this piece of art is that the artist shows the couple missing eachother In there minds. Toni did a very good job at keeping the parts balanced within the painting. There is a chiaroscuro im the art because it goes from very light to dark colors. The contrast within the painting is very well done. The main colors Toni uses are different shades of blue,white and brown. The figurativr is the two people. They are human but apear to be within the clouds. I think Taylor tried to make an emphasis on the people holding the roses up to there faces. The highlight of the work it’s the clouds, they light up the picture. Hue is used in the work a lot because there are are many shades of colors. There is a naritive in the painting because I believe every piece of art has a story. The sensory is the roses because in real life you can look and smell them.The value in the image, has a good amount of light and darkness. I enjoyed this image a lot because it goes very well with my concept.
The focal point is the girl In the clouds because it caught my eye when I first looked at the image. The girl is in the mans hair whie sitting in the clouds. I think there is a subtile narrative because every piece of artwork has a story. This art piece tells about a couple thinking of eachother in happieniess. Because the clouds seem to be a happy place. I believe over all that this painting is very strong and doesn’t have any weak points. The way Toni drew this painting is amazing. I really enjoyed looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment