Friday, May 21, 2010






Narative 2


Some people say love at first sight doesn’t exist, maybe because they haven’t experienced it themselves or there just to blind to see it. For me I felt that way for many and many years. I thought that love at first sight was only in movies like the titanic or the notebook. I never really thought I would be sitting here today telling my story on how I met and fell in love with my husband the first moment I saw him.
Now let’s rewind a few years or I should say about twenty years. It was late in October, the night falling, the crowd cheering. I was at the school’s football game; well I had to be because I was a freshman cheerleader. I didn’t really know any of the guys because they were older than me. Don’t get me wrong I knew a few but only because they were friends with my brother. Our team was winning of course, we had the best team around, it never seemed like anyone could beat us. I was so excited for the game to be over because my brother was having a party after the game for his team. I was so happy that I would finally get to meet some new people. As soon as the game was over I rushed home to make sure I looked my best.
I wasn’t too interested in the first couple of crowds of boys they were all too big and way to old. I was talking to my friend bobby when this guy came through the gate. He seemed kind of unsure of who to talk to first. He was absolutely gorgeous, everything about him just fit. If anyone was perfect he would be very high on the list. He was the quarterback of the team. Everyone wanted to be just like him. He was a star athlete and an honor student. He was just perfect and the first time I laid my eyes on him, I was in love.
I got up and made my way over to him. I didn’t know what I was going to say but I knew I had to. I walked over and sat down in the chair next to him. He looked over and smiled, our eyes met and he didn’t turn away. About a minute passed and we were still looking into each other’s eyes. It was almost like heaven. Then we talked for about a good three hours. I swear I knew everything about him. It was maybe twelve and he asked me to go for a walk with him. I didn’t see any harm in that. We walked to the park near my house; I was a little scared because it was the middle of the night. We say down on the grass and looked at the stars a lined in the sky. It was so perfect.
On the way back to my house he told me that he had never met someone so beautiful, on the outside and on the inside. We reached my front door, and he kissed me. It was like a dream. I remember this night so perfectly, I mean it was only about twenty or so years ago. I never thought I would be the one to admit that I fell in love with my husband the moment I saw him. It didn’t make any sense then but now I understand. Love is a powerful thing and can happen at any moment in your life. It sure did for me and now I have a wonderful husband and an amazing family all because of the one night after a football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment